Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weekly Roundup - 11/30 - 12/06

Weekly Roundup is a weekly overview (or roundup) of interesting articles that have been posted in the magic blogosphere...other than the awesome ones posted here of course.

Worldwake Spoilers

Worldwake Spoilers Begin - New Jace Confirmed! - Mananation.com

Mananation compiles the first scraps of Worldwake information together. Check out the first spoiled reprint and cards leaked from the intro packs. I am ready for this spoiler season to get into full swing.

Standard

Breaking Through - When Christmas Becomes New Year's - Channelfireball.com

I love witnessing when a new deck comes along and shakes up the meta of the competitive magic environment. If I was playing competitive Magic right now this would be the deck I would want to play.

DeckBuilding

Developing Your Planeswalker Algorithm - channelfireball.com

This article goes over all of the planeswalkers' abilities, when they should be used, and what decks to use them in. This was hands down my favorite article of the week.

R & D

Designing for Spike - Wizards.com

Any article about designing magic is a winner in my book. I enjoy the different magic psychological profiles and am glad to see that Magic's veteran R & D still "gets" the game after working on it for so long. I highly recommend this article if you have any interest.

Zendikar Multiverse Outtakes - Wizards.com

A look at the lighter side of designing magic. While not incredibly deep or insightful, I did get a few chuckles out of some of the designer comments posted for cards in Zendikar during the design process.

Limited

JBoots Drafts Zendikar #6 - Mananation.com

I have found this series to be the most interesting limited coverage on the web. I may not always agree with his picks and from time to time he does make play mistakes, but being able to watch a draft from picks to finish has really helped boost my skills in the format. If you have any interest in drafting you need to watch all of JBoot's videos now.

EDH

EDHing Your PDS: Slivers Deck - 99edhproblems.com

A much different look at turning the premium sliver deck into an EDH deck than was posted in last week's weekly roundup. A good read for all of you who are interested in the format.

No comments:

Post a Comment