Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Future Consideration: Prophetic Bolt

If there is one part of my current cube that I am not happy with it would have to be my gold/hybrid section. It is only 50 cards that are made of of 5 of each of the 2 color pairs. I never really hit the many of the gold blocks so my cards are mostly old golds or hybrids from shadowmoor block. Of all of the color combos this has left my blue/red very weak and mainly agro creatures.

Lets take a look at the current lineup:

Inside Out
Noggle Ransaker
Noggle Bandit
Crag Puca
Dominus of Fealty

I would like at least 1 less creature to help push the blue feeling of these cards a little bit more that there is currently. After review, I have decided that I want to add in Prophetic Bolt. This card is a kicked Burst Lightning and an Impuse on one printed card for only a slightly more restrictive cost. The spell has both a very blue and very red effect and I like what it adds to the red/blue gold section of the deck. I think I can easily swap out one of the Noggles for it without missing them too much.

Have any input on this choice? Is there a better Red/Blue card I should be considering for my cube?

No comments:

Post a Comment